Location & Infrastructure
The Arcadia Lithium Project is located approximately 38 km East of Harare, Zimbabwe in the high veld close to the long-established Arcturus gold mine. Arcadia occupies an area of more than 10 km2 and consists of some historical lithium and beryl workings within an existing agricultural area partially surrounded by a number of hills rising some 50 m above the central basin floor.
The project’s elevation ranges between 1300 and 1420 m above mean sea level straddling the Thorn Vlei, Grazely and Lonely Park Estate Farms.
Arcadia’s products may be transported to Beira via the main Harare-Mozambique road, with a section of road approx 20 km long being upgraded for the haulage of concentrate through Goromonzi district to the Harare Mutare /Mozambique road. The road system to Beira is currently used by many trucking companies and thus very few problems are foreseen in the trucking of the concentrate to Beira.
Access to critical infrastructure
• 33KVA interconnection with secured capacity (<3km’s from site)
• Abundant groundwater available
• Close proximity to skilled & semi-skilled labour (35km’s from Zimbabwe’s capital city, Harare)
• Established transport and port infrastructure
• 580 km from Beira port by heavy haulage capable roads
• Access to available bulk loading facilities
Total port throughput is approx. 1.36 million tonnes p.a